Kyustendil

Regional Historical Museum “Academician Yordan Ivanov”, town of Kyustendil

Bulgaria, the town of Kyustendil
GPS: 42.28677, 22.685783

The history of the museum began in the middle of the 19th century, when various prominent figures from the Bulgarian Revival period made the first successful steps to research the past of Kyustendil ... Read more

Exhibits from the Regional Historical Museum in Kyustendil

Exhibits-from-Regional-Historical-Museum-Kyustendil

Bulgaria, the town of Kyustendil
GPS: 42.28677, 22.685783


Read more

 

St. Luka Girls’ Monastery, village of Granitsa, Kyustendil

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district

The monastery is situated at the northern foot of the Ossogovo Mountain, 4 km to the southwest of the village of Granitsa.
Read more

Holy Trinity Memorial Church, village of Gyueshevo, Kyustendil District

Bulgaria, Kyustendil District

The Holy Trinity Memorial Church in the village of Gyueshevo was built in close proximity to the Bulgarian-Macedonian border, on the very route of the future railroad between Sofia and Skopje.
Read more

St. George Church in the village of Zheravino, Kyustendil District

Bulgaria, Kyustendil District

Three borders meet at the village of Zheravino: the Bulgarian, the Macedonian and the Serbian ones.
Read more

St. John the Baptist Church, village of Bobeshino, Kyustendil District

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district

The St. John the Baptist Church is situated at the very border between Bulgaria and Serbia.
Read more

St. Theodore Tyron Church, village of Sovolyano, Kyustendil District

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district

The St. Theodore Tyron Church in the village of Sovolyano was built in 1834 on the foundations of an older temple.
Read more

St. Peter and Paul Church, village of Prekolnitsa, Kyustendil

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district

The St. Peter and Paul Church in the village of Prekolnitsa is a three-nave basilica with three blank domes and rich decoration Read more

Ahmed Bey Mosque, town of Kyustendil

Bulgaria, the town of Kyustendil
GPS: 42.281385, 22.693376

The former mosque „Ahmed Bey”, known also as „Indzhili” (Christian), was built towards the middle of 15th century. Read more

Fetih Sultan Mehmed Mosque, town of Kyustendil

Bulgaria, the town of Kyustendil
GPS: 42.279424, 22.690575

The mosque was built by Haradzhi Kara Mehmed bin Ali, one of the famous builders of public buildings in Kyustendil.
Read more

St. Nikolus Church, village of Slokoshtitsa, Kyustendil District

Bulgaria, Kyustendil District
GPS: 42.264987, 22.701516

The St. Nikolus Church in Slokoshtitsa is a small, slightly dug into the ground, single-nave and single-apse building with a semi-cylindrical arch and dual-pitched roof. Read more

St. Dimitar Church, town of Kyustendil

Bulgaria, town of Kyustendil
GPS: 42.283556, 22.698931

The St. Dimitar Church from the Bulgarian Revival period was built in the period between 1864 and 1865 in the eastern part of the town of Kyustendil.
Read more

St. Mina Bulgarian Revival Church, town of Kyustendil

Bulgaria, the town of Kyustendil
GPS: 42.276858, 22.679586

The church is located in the western part of Kyustendil. In 1859 it was built as a monastery church
Read more

Assumption of Virgin Mary Metropolitan Church, town of Kyustendil

Bulgaria, town of Kyustendil
GPS: 42.279736, 22.688232

The church is situated in the downtown, in the immediate vicinity of the central square.
Read more

Consecrated place of St. Ivan Rilski in the cave near the village of Gurbino, Kyustendil

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district

Leaving the village of Skrino the Hermit went around the wild places and the monasteries along the Struma River and Vitosha Mountain.
Read more

Saint George Medieval Church, town of Kyustendil

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district, southwestern part of Kyustendil
GPS: 42.270815, 22.676872

„St. George” Church is situated in the southwestern part of Kyustendil, in the neighbourhood of Kolusha ...
Read more

video-active-x3

Revival Building next to St. George Church

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district

The exhibition consists of icons from the Bulgarian Revival Period, church plate and early printed books.
Read more

Pirkova Tower

Bulgaria, the town of Kyustendil
GPS: 42.28103, 22.692925

The medieval defense tower in Kyustendil known under the name of Pirkova Tower is situated in the central part of the town near the Roman therms. Read more

The Fortress at the Hisarlaka Park, Kyustendil

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district, Hissarluka Hill
GPS: 42.266067,22.67949

The fortress is situated at the highest flat spot of the Hisarlaka Hill two kilometers to the southeast of Kysutendil. Read more

Roman Therms

Bulgaria, town of Kyustendil
GPS: 42.281385, 22.693376

The Roman therms are located in the central part of the town within the immediate vicinity of the Ahmed Bey mosque, where the archeological exposition of the Regional Historical Museum is hosted. Read more

Acropolis of Ancient Pautalia, Cheshmeto locality, Kyustendil

 

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district

Cheshmeto locality (680 m altitude) is situated in the Hisarlaka park near Kyustendil. There is a monument of the sylviculturist Yordan Mitrev there. He was one of the afforestation pioneers in Bulgaria.
Read more

Iron Bridge, Kyustendil

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district
GPS: GPS: 42.2848735, 22.6859736

The Iron (Ladies’) Bridge is the most beautiful bridge spanning the Banshtitsa river in the town of Kyustendil. It was designed by the architect Rudolf Fisher and built in 1909. Read more

Monument of the Historical Names of the Town of Kyustendil

 

Bulgaria, Kyustendil District

Today’s town of Kyustendil has had three names: Pautalia, Velbazhd and Kyustendil.
Read more

The Mayorska House, Kyustendil

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district

One of the most interesting and well preserved architectural assets in Kyustendil from the last years of the Ottoman rule. It was built in 1870. Read more

The Emfiedzhieva House, Kyustendil

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district

A rare, interesting and well preserved architectural asset from the Bulgarian Revival period. The house was built in 1874 by Hristo Lazov, the Coppersmith. It has a beautiful front façade. Read more

The Building of Neofit Rilski High School, town of Kyustendil

Bulgaria, Kyustendil District

The beautiful building of the high school is located in the western part of the town of Kyustendil. It was erected in the period 1906-1912. Read more

Bratstvo Community Centre, town of Kyustendil

 

Bulgaria, Kyustendil District

Bratstvo Community Centre is the oldest cultural and educational institution in Southwestern Bulgaria. It was established on 1 July 1869.
Read more

St. Archangel Michael Church, village of Goranovtsi, Kyustendil District

 

Bulgaria, Kyustendil District

It is located 2 km to the north of the village of Goranovtsi and 17 km away from the town of Kyustendil. It was part of a small monastery. Read more

Chifte Banya, Kyustendil

 

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district

The original Turkish bath was built in 1489 on top of the remnants of a Roman Asclepion. The present-day edifice was erected in 1910. The merit for its original architecture goes to architect Hristo Kovachevski.
Read more

The House of Kostandij Berovski, Kyustendil

 

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district

It is located at 238 Tsar Osvoboditel Str. in Kyustendil. Read more

Dona Kovacheva's House, Kyustendil

Bulgaria, Kyustendil District

The house of Grandma Dona was renovated at the end of 1970 and now it has the status of a monument of culture. Dona Kovacheva was born in 1855 in Paralovo, in today’s Serbia. She was widowed at an early age. Read more

The Arc Former Community Centre, town of Kyustendil

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district

The first Community Center in Kyustendil was set up on 1 July, 1869 under the name of Bulgarian Community Centre. Read more

Holy Mother of God Late Medieval Church, Kyustendil

Bulgaria, Kyustendil District

The church is located some 3 km to the northwest of the village of Razhdavitsa on the right-hand bank of the Struma River in the Selishte locality. Read more

Prokopieva House, Kyustendil

Bulgaria, Kyustendil District

The Prokopieva House is located at 26 Maksim Gorki Str. It is Kyustendil’s oldest preserved house from the Bulgarian Revival Period. Read more

Dervish Bath, Kyustendil

Bulgaria, Kyustendil District

Dervish Bath is part of the architectural ensemble in the center of the Dervish borough along with Kaya Bey Mosque and Dervish Fountain. Read more

Tonche Kadinmostki's House, Kyustendil

Bulgaria, Kyustendil District

It is located at 189 Tsar Osvoboditel Street. It was built in the 1830s. It is a two-storey building with a single symmetry axis.Read more

House–Museum of Lyudmil Yankov, the hero from Everest, Kyustendil

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district

The museum is set in the house of Grandma Dona Kovacheva, a helper of Bulgarian and Macedonian revolutionaries, in the town of Kyustendil. It is dedicated to the well-known Bulgarian mountain climber Lyudmil Yankov, ... Read more

Ilyo Voivode House-Museum, Kyustendil

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district

The restored home of Ilyo Markov, one of the prominent figures of the Bulgarian national liberation movement, houses an exhibition dedicated to the national liberation struggle of the population in the region of Kyustendil. Read more

Vladimir Dimitrov the Master House-Museum, village of Shishkovtsi, Kyustendil

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district

The gallery owns the largest and most significant collection of works by the great Bulgarian artist Vladimir Dimitrov – the Master, which includes 1357 paintings. Read more

Dimitar Peshev House-Museum, Kyustendil

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district

The building is an exact replica of the birth house of Dimitar Peshev, a Bulgarian politician, well-known for his contribution to the prevention of the deportation of Bulgarian Jews to Nazi camps. It was inaugurated in 2002.
Read more

Church School, Kyustendil

Bulgaria, Kyustendil District

It was the first elementary school in town. It was opened in 1820 and existed till 1844. Read more

The Building of Kyustendil Municipality

 
The building of Kyustendil Municipality

The building of Kyustendil Municipality rises in the centre of Kyustendil, next to Velbazhd Square. It was built in the typical style of the Bulgarian National Revival Period.  Read more

Art Gallery "Vladimir Dimitrov - the Master", Kyustendil

Bulgaria, Kyustendil District

The Art Gallery in Kyustendil, named after the world renowned Bulgarian artist was established in 1959 and in 1972 it moved to a dedicated modern building. It is at 20 Patriarh Evtimiy Street. Read more

Municipal Theatre, town of Kyustendil

 

Bulgaria, Kyustendil District

The performance of the play Shrew by Yovan Popovich – a Bulgarian variation of the work of an anonymous author staged at the Church School in 1873, is considered to be the beginning of the theatrical art in Kyustendil. Read more

Boge Art Gallery

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district

The gallery is located in Kyustendil, at 20 Patriarh Evtimiy Street.
Read more

E-Newsletter

Name:
Email: