Dupnitsa

St. George the Victorious Church, Dupnitsa

 

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district

The temple was built between 1888 and 1895 and renovated in 1998. It is a three-dome edifice with two hammered gate entrances. The altar and the iconostasis are decorated with beautiful wood carved ornaments. Read more

Holy Virgin Mary (Pokrov Bogorodichen) Church, Dupnitsa

 

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district

The temple dates back to 1815. In 1927 – 1929 its front façade was modified and a belfry was added. Read more

Okoliyska House Municipal Art Gallery and Mosque, Dupnitsa

 

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district

The gallery is housed in two buildings: the Okoliyska House and the Mosque built in the 16th century. They are situated in close proximity to each other making up a magnificent architectural complex. Read more

St. Nikola Church, Dupnitsa

 

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district

The temple is an architectural asset dating back to 1844. There are artifacts associated with the site that go as far back in time as the 14th century. Read more

The Clock Tower in the town of Dupnitsa

 

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district

The tower is one of the symbols of the town. It was built in 1782 as a bey battle tower intended for defense purposes. It was transformed into a clock tower at the turn of 1790.
Read more

Historical Museum, Dupnitsa

 

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district

The Historical Museum was set up in 1992. It is housed in the building of the former Youth Centre. Read more

Nevena Kokanova Municipal Theatre, Dupnitsa

 

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district

The Nevena Kokoanova Municipal Theatre and the Zora Community Centre share the same building.
Read more

St. Ivan Rilski Chapel, Dupnitsa

 

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district

The chapel is newly built. It was sanctified on the Day of Dupnitsa, which coincides with the Day of St. Ivan Rislki – 19 October 2010.
Read more

E-Newsletter

Name:
Email: