Boboshevo

St. Virgin Mary Church, town of Boboshevo

Bulgaria, Kyustendil district

The church is one of the most beautiful and impressive Renaissance shrines not only in Kyustendil district but also over whole Bulgaria.
Read more

The church is one of the most beautiful and impressive Renaissance shrines not only in Kyustendil district but also over whole Bulgaria. Its building began in 1851. Its builder is the famous first master Milenko from the village of Blateshnitsa, Radomir district.

According its plan it is three-nave basilica. The naos, the alter and the gallery on the second floor are entirely icon painted. The main part of the frescoes (1890-1898) is a work of Dimiter Sirleshtov and his apprentice Kostadin Hadzhi Popov from the Banska School. The iconostasis icons painted from 1859 to 1861 are a deed of Nikola and Zaharii Dospevski. The church is a going shrine, monument of culture.

E-Newsletter

Name:
Email: