Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad district

Blagoevgrad Museum

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District
GPS: 42.020278, 23.103056

It was founded in 1952. Sections: Archeology, Ethnography, Bulgarian Territories between 15th and Early 20th Centuries, Modern and Contemporary History, Nature, Arts. Read more

Saint Mina Art Gallery, Blagoevgrad

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District
GPS: 42.0202706, 23.1021667

The Saint Mina Art Gallery was opened in 2012 for the purpose of promoting the works of well established Bulgarian artists, presented via individual and group exhibitions. Read more

Youth Centre in Blagoevgrad

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District
GPS: 42.0201231, 23.1023115

Over a period of 40 years now the Youth Centre in Blagoevgrad has gained recognition as an educational, cultural and information hub of the town. Read more

Presentation of Virgin Mary (Vavedenie Bogorodichno) Church, Blagoevgrad

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District
GPS: 42.021111, 23.104167

A three-nave Basilica, richly painted by masters from the Bansko School of Painting. A unique feature is the deep tracery wood carving of the iconostasis. Read more

Rupite and St. Petka of Bulgaria Church, Vanga's Temple

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District
GPS: 41.44189, 23.244789

Rupite is a village which includes a small mountainous protected area in the southeastern part Blagoevgrad Province, Bulgaria, ...
Read more

Samuil Fortress, village of Klyuch, Petrich Municipality

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District

Samuil Fortress is the name of a medieval fortress situated between the mountains of Belasitsa and Ograzhden. It is located on the right-hand bank of Strumeshnitsa River, which is 5 kilometers to north of the village of Klyuch. Read more

Petrich Municipal Historical Museum

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District
GPS: 41.3901713, 23.2057858

It was founded in 1966 as a museum collection at the Bratya Miladinovi Community Center. Eight years later it was upgraded to a museum in the community center building.
Read more

Holy Trinity Church, Bansko

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District

The Holy Trinity Church and especially its tall belfry have become a symbol of Bansko as one of the most attractive mountain resorts, ...
Read more

Belfry, Holy Trinity Church, Bansko

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District

The construction of the belfry started 15 years after the inauguration of the church, in 1850. The bell tower was built under the supervision of Master Gligor Doyuv, known among the locals as Gligata. Read more

Assumption of Virgin Mary Church, Bansko

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District

The church was built around the 12th – 14th century on top of the foundations of a medieval church destroyed during the Ottoman invasion. Read more

Neofit Rilski House Museum, Bansko

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District

It was opened in 1981 in connection with the death centenary of Neofit Rilski, the founder of secular education in Bulgaria and the country’s first encyclopaedist.
Read more

Nikola Vaptzarov House Museum, Bansko

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District

It is one of the earliest museums in the Pirin region, operational since 1952. It was the home of the great Bulgarian poet Nikola Vaptsarov. Read more

Velyan's House, Bansko

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District

It is located near the central square of the town and the Holy Trinity Church. The building is an example of the architectural style of fortified houses of the Bulgarian Revival Period (at the turn of the 18th century). Read more

Bansko School of Painting Icon Exhibition

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District
GPS: 41.835915, 23.488619

The exhibition is set in the oldest house in the town of Bansko built in 1749. Since 1986 it has been a permanent icon exhibition featuring samples of the Bansko Iconographic School ... Read more

Sandanski Archeological Museum

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District
GPS: 41.5662849, 23.2804369

It has a collection of 11 367 exhibits of unique cultural value. The museum was built in 1936 at the spot of a former Archbishop’s Basilica.
Read more

Saint George Church, Sandanski

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District
41.565278, 23.278333

The construction of the church was initiated in 1939. It was sanctified in 1952. The exquisite frescoes were created by the Russian artist Boris Shelehov. Read more

Monument of Spartacus, Sandanski

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District
GPS: 41.5518238, 23.2694238

A historical legend has it that the brave Thracian leader Spartacus was born and grew up in the vicinities of the present-day town of Sandanski. Read more

Saint Teodor Tiron and Teodor Stratilat Temple, village of Dobarsko, Razlog

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District

The temple was built as a three-nave basilica in 1614 by enlightened and well-to-do members of the Dobarsko community. It is under UNESCO protection. Read more

Razlog Historical Museum

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District

It is set in the Parapunovata House. The museum contains valuable exhibits. There are two incredible plastic images of the Calendar of Bulgarians – the Sun and Moon cycles. Read more

St. Dimitar Church, village of Dolno Draglishte, Razlog

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District
GPS: 41.9322948, 23.51511963

The church was built in 1835. It is on the list of assets of national significance. The murals, whose authors are icon painters from the Teteven School, are highly valuable. Read more

Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary Church, Razlog

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District
GPS: 41.8853459, 23.464973

The church was built and sanctified in 1939. It was modeled after the Varna Cathedral. It is one of the most impressive temples in the Pirin region. Read more

Sundial, Razlog

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District
GPS: 41.8855376, 23.4635782

The only fully preserved image of the system of accounting for the chronology of time used by Bulgarians in ancient times has been discovered in Razlog. Read more

Kordopulova House, Melnik

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District

The Kordopulov House is a large house from the Bulgarian National Revival period located in the southwestern Bulgarian town of Melnik. Read more

St. Yani Church, Melnik

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District

The St John the Precursor or St. Yany Church, as the local population calls it, was built in the 18th – 19th century. It is richly decorated with colourful murals. Read more

St. Anthony the Great Church, Melnik

 

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District
GPS: 41.5232464, 23.393476

A mystic temple, unique for Bulgaria, where miracles are said to occur every day. It was built in 1765. It has been declared a cultural asset of national significance. Read more

Rozhen Monastery near Melnik

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District
GPS: 41.530472, 23.426596

It is the biggest holy cloister in the Pirin area, a cultural asset of national significance, relatively intact to this day. It was built in the 13th century. Read more

Municipal Historical Museum in Melnik

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District

It is a branch of the Historical Museum in Sandanski. It is on the list of Bulgaria’s One Hundred National Tourist Sites. In the past it was set in the famous Pashova House, built in 1815. Now it is housed in a new building. Read more

Museum Town of Melnik

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District
GPS: 41.5241942, 23.3949995

The smallest town in Bulgaria is highly attractive with its old houses and architectural wealth, with its legendary history and incredible natural scenery, with its wondrous rock formations and thick fragrant wines. Read more

Nicopolis ad Nestrum Ancient Town, village of Garmen, Blagoevgrad

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District

Nicopolis ad Nestum is a late-antique settlement on the territory of the village of Garmen in Markov Chiflik and Hisarlaka areas (7 km to the east of the town of Gotse Delchev).
Read more

St Nikola Church, village of Kovachevitsa

 

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District

The St. Nicola Church in the village of Kovachevitsa was built in 1848. It is a three-nave pseudo basilica with a large semicircular apse in the east and an external loft in the west.
Read more

Architectural Reserve, village of Kovachevitsa, Garmen Municipality

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District
GPS: 41.6833305, 23.8333302

Having preserved its authentic appearance since the 18th-19th century, the village is among the most beautiful and well-known Bulgarian settlements. Read more

Saint Dimitar Church, village of Teshovo, Hadzhidimovo

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District

The St. Dimitar Church is of great historical and architectural value. It was erected in 1843 – 1844. Read more

Municipal Historical Museum, town of Gotse Delchev

 

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District

The Municipal Historical Museum in the town of Gotse Delchev is housed in an old building (dating back to 1877), designed in an unique for the region Baroque style.
Read more

Gotse Delchev Monastery of St. Mary

 

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District
GPS: 41.5800115, 23.7400818

The construction of the monastery was launched in 1888 on the site of an old cloister from the 10th century.
Read more

Maiden’s Tower Fortress, Gotse Delchev

 

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District
GPS: 41.5800115, 23.7400818

An archeological asset of national significance. Its area is approximately 500 square meters.
Read more

Assumption of Virgin Mary Church, town of Gotse Delchev

 

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District
GPS: 41.5724189, 23.7255979

It is a cultural asset of local significance. It was built in 1838. The temple is a three-nave pseudo basilica with a prominent apse and an open gallery. Read more

St. Archangel Michael Church, town of Gotse Delchev

 

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District
GPS: 41.5724189, 23.7255979

It is a cultural asset of local significance and the oldest preserved church in the region. It was built in 1811 and later on redesigned.
Read more

Belitsa Museum

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District
GPS: 41.9514157, 23.5583889

The museum was inaugurated in 1995. Four halls in the modern building house valuable historical finds. Read more

Museum Collection at the village of Strumyani

Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad District
GPS: 41.6382639, 23.2025724

The exhibition was declared open in 2002. It is divided into four thematic sections: paleontology, general history, archeology and ethnography.
Read more

E-Newsletter

Name:
Email: