Contemporary youth culture

Children’s School of Music, Bratstvo 1869 Community Centre, Kyustendil

The Children’s School of Music was established on 2 July 1953, under the name “Georgi Goranov”. It launched its activities with courses in violin, piano, guitar, mandolin, wind instruments, cello, contrabass and singing. The first director of the school of music was Tsvetan Karanov – a violin teacher.

Over the years many dedicated teachers, such as Ts. Karanov, Em. Mancheva, G. Dimitrov, L. Hristov, ...

... N. Topuzov, D. Dingozov, V. Drumoharski etc., have worked in the Children’s Music of School. Many of the students of the music school continued their musical education at Higher Musical Educational Institutions and later became professional musicians – D. Hlebarov (opera violinist), Gr. Taskov (violinist at the operetta theatre), Nikola Kovachev (violinist) and many more.

Today the Children’s School of Music offers lessons in guitar – taught by Ivan Andonov, violin - taught by Roza Mircheva, piano – taught by Krasimira Matuska and Nikolai Ivanon, flute and synthesizer- taught by Nikolai Ivanov, accordion – taught by Lyubomir Hristov, folk singing – taught by Adela Haralampieva, pop and classical singing – taught by Rositsa Ivanova, solfeggio and elementary music theory – taught by Nikolai Ivanov, Kyustendil Guitar Orchestra – the only one in the District of Kyustendil, conducted by Ivan Andonov.

 

E-Newsletter

Name:
Email: